Friday, June 27, 2014

"I miss..."

Against the odds, my point in posting was to focus on those meaningful, dear things that will most likely NEVER be the same. I feel like I've been at a 4 year funeral but the grieving is endless!

It's a funny thing about loss. Until you stop denying it and embrace the loss, admit to the universe how profound and permanent it is to you, you're unlikely to move past it.  Sometimes just saying (or writing) the words "I miss..." can get the ball rolling.  Then, just go where the feeling takes you:  some cry, some scream or lash out, others rationalize, trivialize or demonize. There are even those who express their grief by writing.

But until the loss is acknowledged and dealt with, the future is "on hold". 

Grieving the loss of something fundamentally important in your life is a prerequisite to moving on with your life.  If there's no chance of getting it back, face it, grieve over it and let it go. 

Let. It. Go.

Accepting that life as we knew it will never be the same is terrifying but can also be exciting and certainly life-altering:

How awful, "My life will never be the same."

But how exciting, "My life will NEVER be the same!"

Since we can't go back, what's next?

"When there's no turning back, then we should concern ourselves only with the best way of going forward."

  -Paulo Coelho


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?