Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Milestones

Sometimes, when we make it our business to "fly under the radar", we wonder if anyone notices that we work hard to make a difference, do our best everyday whether anyone is watching or not.  This is especially true if, early on, we were on that "fast track" upward and made a conscious decision to jump off and breathe; to live our life instead of just doing what was expected.

Then, one morning, the phone rings:  "Hello.  I'm calling from inflight.  You have been selected to fly the inaugural Dreamliner service from Denver to Tokyo.  Would you be interested?"  

"Umm, sure.  I'd be honored."  Pleasantries are exchanged.  Click.  (Of course, after the click is when you think of all the questions you SHOULD have asked!)  Oh well.  The answers will come whether or not the questions are asked.

In the big scheme of things, it's just a little milestone.  But it's MY little milestone!

And the answer to the unasked questions is, "Yes.  It's noticed."




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?