Thursday, October 10, 2013

Conflicting Messages

It doesn't just happen at work...

I've been doing high-intensity aerobic workouts 3-4 times a week since I was 18 (I'm 53 now). I learned early that "vocalizing" while training increases your intensity and calorie burn. So, me being me, I can really "carry on". 

Two weeks ago in "athletic conditioning" I cut loose as normal. After class, a fellow participant chided me saying that I was "distracting". I apologized and forgot about it.

Today after "step", another class participant went out of her way to say how she enjoyed my enthusiasm, how it made the class more fun for her. The instructor was behind her and joined saying it made leading the class easier, too.

So, who was right?

My point is that we can "buy into" all the negative we may hear at work, at the gym, wherever.  We can let it ruin what we enjoy and what we KNOW that we are good at. But for every negative voice we hear, how many supportive ones go unheard?

"Dance like there's nobody looking" and face the day with joy and confidence.

In addition to being the "face of UNITED", I'm also one HELL of a stepper!


1 comment:

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?