Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Reserve "Experiment"

For the month of February 2014, I am concentrating on regular updates to another blog which chronicles my "work life exchange" with a lifer Reserve at my airline employer.  I have traded my scheduled weekly trips to Frankfurt for her life "on call".  It's a look into the future for my partner, Cybill, and a look into the past for me:  I last was on Reserve in August 1984!

Much has changed with our Reserve system but the uncertainties that are part and parcel of sitting and waiting to be called to work are the same.  By journaling our real world experience, my swap partner and I hope to provide insights for our 13,000 new post-merger colleagues who are curious about our legacy reserve system.  It will also be enlightening to our own pre-merger colleagues who are unfamiliar with the realities of Reserve in 2014.

If you'd like to follow our journey (I'm striving to eliminate airline jargon and confusing abbreviations from the blog), you'll find us at:

Our Reserve Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?