Wednesday, February 19, 2014

To see and to hear

As Flight Attendants, we are confined for long periods with large groups of complete strangers in small spaces with no escape (for them OR us).  It's a very artificial situation within which we constantly interact:  we look at and talk to them, they look at and talk to us.  The nature of what we do is time driven so going "deeper" than that doesn't often happen.  But, on rare occasions, they don't just look at me, they SEE me.  They don't just listen to me, they HEAR me.  And I SEE and HEAR them.  

My goal for my last 10 years is to MAKE that happen two-three times as much as it did in the first 30 years.  Because when it happens, it's pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?