Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Today

Amsterdam by night, the day before Thanksgiving.  

There's a feeling of suspense in the air these days, like we're waiting for something to happen.  Maybe it's that way most days but our awareness has been heightened.  We're like the meerkats on the African savannah, torso erect, eyes, ears, nose to the wind to detect the danger that we're certain looms just out of range of our senses.  Or maybe we just are too susceptible to media hype.  Either way, the result is a generalized anxiety.

The antidote to anxiety is comfort.  Take it where you find it.  Offer it to anyone who needs it.  Be the solution.

Today

(Many thanks to my homeboy Joaquin for the inspirational photo!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?