Friday, March 4, 2016

Where Angels Tread

Last night, I had a lovely chat with a beautiful friend and recently retired colleague, someone whose patience, quiet charm, restraint and love have taught me so much about being a better Flight Attendant, about being a better friend and about being a better human being. This leg of her journey with us is nearly complete, a fact which she accepts with characteristic dignity and grace.

We talked about silly things that don't matter. We talked about the things that matter most: life, love, friendship. She left me with a gift and a promise: "I'm happy. See you Thursday."

We honor those we owe by acknowledging our debt. Repayment isn't a possibility. We can only pay it forward.

There's no need to look far for the examples we need. Angels walk among us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?