Sunday, April 14, 2013

Perspective

Other than in a religious context, I don't believe that "absolute truth" exists as anything but a concept.

Volumes have been written about how two people can be placed in a room, exposed to the same sights and sounds, removed from the room without the opportunity to communicate about what they'd been subjected to and questioned. Invariably, each will report having had an almost totally unique experience! How is that possible?

Because we're human. We view our life's "truths", our realities through the lens of our own life experience.

Whose truth is the "real" truth?

(With thanks to my dear friend and neighbor, Kathleen Getchas Falato, for inspiration.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?