Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another Step on the Path

Hmmm. 

Philip and I "legalized" our partnership this year. 

So, I suppose that 2013 will always have special meaning in our lives. Though we never felt the need to "legitimize" or "sanctify" our relationship, it became clear that the world in which we live is in flux and so must we be. We are living in a whirlwind of change and we must accommodate and assimilate the changes, whether or not we are necessarily comfortable with them. That's life!

Life often forces us into a values conflict. Do we choose to stand on our beliefs? Do we choose expediency? Do we compromise, rationalize, harmonize and somehow accomplish both?

While 2013 will undoubtedly retain significance for Philip and me, is all that has passed since 1986 relegated to insignificance? Much of who and what we are together was defined in the interim, without legitimization, without sanctification.

"When you come to a fork in the road; take it." - Yogi Berra

It's just one more step on the path....


"Strive to be happy."  DESIDERATA - Max EHRMANN



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?