Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MY SEASON OF GRATITUDE: November 10, 2013

When your world at work gets turned "upside down" with all the changes related to a merger, anxiety can reign supreme. New schedules, less options, different cities & experiences, even how to manage the impact on your body of the timing of a new layover can really ratchet up the stress. Factor in that said layover is in one of the world's most notoriously dangerous cities and...

What is the respite, the calming factor that makes such changes survivable? A warm welcome from a crew of friends is a great place to start. Fear-allaying camaraderie make that almost 2-hour van ride through a living diorama of VIVID realness almost seem normal.

Flight attendants are some of the most resourceful people on the planet! They are the masters of the practical approach to solving any problem. (Maybe the wrong people are addressing the cure for cancer conundrum. Turn it over to stewardesses and it will be whipped, post haste, I'm convinced.)

The first "new" trip on your schedule is always the hardest. I'm glad this one's behind me...

and grateful, so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughtful comments, whether or not they support my message. If I didn't, how could I continue to grow?